Re: [LAU] Ardour: UI bar with record button/clock, etc is gone

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 03 2014 - 00:00:28 EET

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 12:05:45 -0500,
Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote :

> On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 6:54 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:

> > I'd agree with the OP that Ardour should provide a way to recover
> > torn-off windows if they ever get lost off-screen or otherwise.

> an excellent and seemingly obvious idea. i'll add it today.

There's a reset option for the Appearance, eg. color scheme. Maybe a
reset that not only includes colors, but default positions of menus ?

One last note on the problem: today I rebooted the machine and
everything was OK. I haven't modified any config file. So it was some
confusion (KDE, Ardour ?) going on.

The way I'm setting up musical apps is like this: on one desktop I have
Ardour main screen full screen (via menu option), on another desktop I
have Ardour's mixer full screen (KDE full screen window option). Hot
keys makes it easy to switch desktops (and also to Renoise which is full
screen on another desktop, or to Zyn and QSynth on yet another
desktop). One symptom of the software 'confusion' yesterday was
that the add-a-track dialog box did not pop up on the current main
Ardour desktop, but on the one with the full screen mixer. I'd guess
Ardour does not specify where to popup dialog boxes, and for some
reason KDE popped it up on another desktop.

Anyways, back to normal now. I'll make darn sure not to hit that
little arrow again !! :))