Re: [LAU] Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 at 96kHz

From: Neil <djdualcore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 06 2014 - 00:39:25 EET

If you decide to go with a rack-mounted PC with internal slots things like
this become an option.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta1010.html

I totally understand this isn't useful with an existing laptop.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On 02/04/2014 05:02 PM, José Agustín Terol Sanchis wrote:
> > Hello, I am thinking in set up a home studio for recording and mixing
> based
> > on Linux. I have in mind to buy a Focusrite Saffire PRO 40, but first, I
> > would like to know the experience of someone who has already used it.
> >
> > I've taken a look at http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport/list but I
> don't
> > have clear if this device can be used at 96kHz, because currently it's
> > marked as "experimental". I know other Saffire have "full support", but
> > nowadays are discontinued. Does anybody used it for hours (and days) at
> > this frequency?
> >
> > Also, I would be interested in experiences with similar interfaces that
> > also work fine in linux.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Agus Terol
>
> Hello Agus,
>
> I can confirm the Saffire Pro 40 works at 96Khz. I barely use this
> sample rate though so I can't tell if it will run for hours or even
> days. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. I can use my Saffire Pro
> 40 for hours at 48Khz without any hitch. I've occasionally forgot to
> switch the set-up off and the next day everything was still running fine.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

DJ Dual Core's Blog
http://oldmixtapes.blogspot.com/
Order without government; Peace without violence.