Re: [LAU] simple LADSPA stereo panner ?

From: raf <rmouneyres@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 15 2014 - 15:59:36 EET

>> i face a terribly simple problem : i can't find any stereo panner ladspa plugin !
>> by stereo i mean : 2 audio channels inputs, pan control, 2 audio channel outputs
>>
>> can someone confirm there is not any or am i missing something ?
>
> One reason may be that such a thing is not really well defined.
> How do you want it to work ?
>
> * L and R inputs panned separately (A2 style),
> * Interacting width and pan controls (A3 style),
> * As a 'balance' control,
> * Other ?

for my use case i meant a "balance" control, like found in analog consoles. Having a width control (A3 style) can be a plus, but not absolutely necessary.

Jonathan (@non-mixer) explained me there are multiple interpretations of what a "simple" balance control can be (i think he meant the "pan law"), and i have to admit that any would fit my needs, as i couldn't tell which has been existing in the various analog or digital consoles i have used in my life.
I have only found an LV2 example here http://www.nongnu.org/ll-plugins/lv2pftci/ where the actual audio code is about 20 lines, so i may be able to duplicate that for a ladspa plugin, until someone did it before me ?

Raphaël