Re: [LAU] [OT] Free Course online about the Higgs Boson

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 22 2014 - 03:32:03 EET

On 02/21/2014 10:50 PM, Grekim Jennings wrote:
> Hi dear all.
>
> Just wanted to let you know about this amazing course that the
> University of Edimburg has online during 7 weeks, and there's still
> days to sign in:
> https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/higgs
>
> As maybe you've notice, I'm quite eclectic and curious about anything,
> and Science (Physics in this case) is one of my favourite matters, so
> I'm in the course. It's now in the thick of the 2nd week and I tell
> you that it is amazing the quality and also the simplicity they've
> achieved given the complexity of the subjects, with a lot of
> instructional videos and some articles and texts, and even Mr. Higgs
> is there himself.

thanks for posting this, however OT :)
i hopped on right away, and it's a very welcome refresher so far. there
are even exercises, which can then be discussed with other students.
nice! i hope i can find the time to keep following it in the next few weeks.
catching up with the first one and a half weeks is not a big deal if you
have some physics knowledge left over from school, should be doable in
just 2 or 3 hours.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487