Re: [LAU] Common Music - Importing audio files, and pointers to learning material?

From: R. Mattes <rm@email-addr-hidden-freiburg.de>
Date: Sat Feb 22 2014 - 17:00:14 EET

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:05:41 +0100, anders.vinjar wrote
> A> I've almost given up (for the moment) on CM, as SuperCollider
> was A> so easy for this. In any case, I would like to try CM
> later on, A> but what I gather from your mail is that I cannot
> easily import A> my own audio clips (and instead you are
> suggesting to look for A> stuff that looks similar to what I
> intended to import)? Am I A> correct?
>
> Not so. There are examples distributed with CM/Grace doing what you
> seem to be asking for.

Playing audio loaded from files (kind of a file-streaming sampler)? What
example are you thinking of? I couldn't find any example for playing
samples from files. The only code I could find was in vkey.scm (wich
is _not_ in the example section, you need to open the instrument
browser, then select 'vkey' and then click 'edit instrument'). But
that doesn't come with any example and seems to be broken - et
requires expandn.scm, but that doesn't work (at least the examples
don't work).

Cheers, RalfD