Re: [LAU] APC devices for Audio

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 25 2014 - 10:10:59 EET

> Hi Carlos,
> I'm developing an industrial application for a client using APC Rock.
>
> I'm using Android, so I can confirm that linux runs on it and you can
> find kernel and uboot here:
> https://github.com/apc-io/apc-rock
>
> I never tried a "standard" linux ditributions, so I can't tell about it,
> but I fear the VIA support against linux is absent.
>
> I suggest you look at some better supported board.
>
> just my2c
>
> Ivan

Thanks so much, Ivan.
It's really helpful to have such a warn before wanting to purchase one
of those and make my life trickier, most of all when surely I would
try to put Musix inside that would have some driver problems (it's
100% free/libre based on Debian).

I liked the book-style one, but now maybe I'll go some other way.

Regards.

> Il 21/02/2014 09:35, Carlos sanchiavedraz ha scritto:
>> Hello dear all.
>>
>> Lately I've found this devices by APC that seem quite interesting to
>> me given my interest and projects around Raspberry PI and Linux Audio:
>>
>> http://apc.io/products/rock/
>> http://apc.io/products/8750a/
>>
>> I love this presentation as a book,,
>> http://apc.io/products/paper/
>>
>> ... and that, presenting a device in a nice and not PC-like way, is
>> something I've been thinkinf of for a long time, but I couldn't do it
>> myself without a lot of building and DIY.
>>
>> Does anybody have or tried one as it is? And with Linux?

Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux
  http://www.musix.es