Re: [LAU] Music Editors for Blind Users?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2014 - 10:48:44 EET

A question to the OP, sorry, your mail was to long to read right now,
perhaps I'll read it later.

Do you prefer speech synth or braille?

On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 19:38 -1000, david wrote:
> Yet we have a member of the list who is blind and works with audio ...

IIRC we have more than one member. Julien unfortunately for us,
fortunately for him, is on an adventure. IIRC there are some other
members visually impaired. Apart from Julien I only remember one other
member too, but not his name.

On musician forums there are likely several blind users, because even
Linux GUIs oven provide text based configs, blind user are able to use.

IIRC using Linux audio is more comfortable when the blind users prefer
braille over speech synth.

A blind formal member of this community: http://juliencoder.de/

I had some phone calls with him, he's very smart and has got knowledge
about the things he's talking about.

I never read the interview with Julien, perhaps there is some useful
information too. http://www.zthmusic.com/julien-claassen/

Regards,
Ralf