Re: [LAU] Music Editors for Blind Users?

From: F. Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 03 2014 - 12:36:47 EET

Hey hey, (sorry for replying to the thread in general, my mail archive is
broken.)
I'm not blind yet but on the way. I inherited some software tips and tricks from a friend.

Nama is a DAW with good audio support and limited MIDI support. It's based on Ecasound and Midish. It can be remote controlled with a USB footswitch, a piece of gaming equipment. One blind guy on the Nama mailinglist uses it to great effect. Nama can be synchronised to MIDI with a little script I inherited as well.

Midish connects easily to ALSA sequencer ports. If you're still interested, I can pass a file of convenience commands that I've been working on. It's not finished yet. There are also commands for connecting Midish to hardware and software synthesizers via ALSA sequencer.

JACK can run on any reasonably modern system without a realtime kernel. Use it on your second soundcard - the Fast Track Pro. There are commandline patchbays as well like esjit or jackctl.py and others. Despite their names, most can also handle ALSA sequencer MIDI ports too.

Ta-ta

----
Ffanci
* Internet: http://freeshell.de/~silvain