Re: [LAU] ebur128 batch processing

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 07 2014 - 15:28:13 EET

On 03/07/2014 01:48 AM, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will got about 100 stereo wav files mixed hopefully in similar way
> (loudness).
> I need them process to meet ebur128 specification.
> True peaks -3dB
> RMS -23dB
>
> Any chance to do it as batch process?
> Result quality is critical as material will be broadcast on TV.

hard problem. quickest solution: find somebody with a hardware leveller
(jünger etc.) and pipe it through.

problem is that there is no straightforward way from an initial loudness
measurement to a level change that predictably hits the -23 dbLUFS mark.

can i ask which broadcaster mandates -3dB true peak? that seems quite
conservative.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487