Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: jmancine <jason@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 07 2014 - 16:04:35 EET

Still no duplex. In fact, no playback.

I have narrowed the issue down to a problem with the nitrate being set to 32
instead of 24. This happens despite specifically setting 24 in the .formats
section of the quirk. On the recording side it doesn't seem to matter
because the device is doing the encoding at 24 and the PC is receiving at
32...not ideal, but it functions because 24 bits fit into 32. But for
playback, the PC is sending a 32 bit stream to a device that can only decode
24...and it crashes.

If you go back through this thread, I posted the various settings I tried
for .formats -- there are likely many that I have not tested. Perhaps there
is another way to force 24 bits