Re: [LAU] ebur128 batch processing

From: Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 08 2014 - 00:19:28 EET

> On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 01:48:04AM +0100, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I will got about 100 stereo wav files mixed hopefully in similar way
> > (loudness).
> > I need them process to meet ebur128 specification.
> > True peaks -3dB
> > RMS -23dB
> >
> > Any chance to do it as batch process?
> > Result quality is critical as material will be broadcast on TV.
>

> There is also http://r128gain.sourceforge.net/#apply that is said to be
> able to apply the gain in combination with sox, I haven't tried it
> though.

I've just tried r128gain ... works fine ...there are "several presets", but
not possible set "truepeaks" -3dB.
Also not sure how it handle true peaks and RMS (not sure RMS is right term
here).
e.g. If RMS is corrected and gained to -23dB then True peaks are handled by
limiter or just RMS is never raised to True peaks go over -1dB?

regards

mira