Re: [LAU] debugging hiss

From: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2014 - 19:47:32 EET

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> To remove any variables due to malfunctioning xfce4-mixer, I tried alsamixer
>
> Here is the list of sliders that are under playback and under capture
> Note the misspellings and repeats are because I dont know how to see
> the name at the bottom in full so I am just showing what I see
>
> Capture has:
> Front Mic Boos
> Line Boost
> Capture
> Capture 1
> Digital
> Input Source (but no slider)
> Input Source 1 (no slider)
> Rear Mic boost
>

> Playback has
> Master
> Headphon
> PCM
> Front
> Front Mic
> Front Mi
> Surround
> Center
> LFE
> Line
> Line Boo
> Beep
> Channel (no slider)
> Rear Mic
> Rear Mic

Figured that the name shows at the top in full so putting the full name

Front Mic Boost
Line Boost
Capture
Capture 1
Digital
Input Source (but no slider)
Input Source 1 (no slider)
Rear Mic boost

Playback has
Master
Headphone
PCM
Front
Front Mic
Front Mic Boost
Surround
Center
LFE
Line
Line Boost
Beep
Channel Mode (no slider)[1]
Rear Mic
Rear Mic Boost

[1] There is no slider
However pressing up/down-arrows changes from 2ch 4ch 6ch.
2 and 4 have hiss 6 has much less

So for now my problem is reduced though Ive no idea what this is about!!