Re: [LAU] Yamaha Motif XF as USB Soundcard

From: Aiyumi Moriya <aiyumi.br@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2014 - 14:10:51 EET

> The manual says:
> | The USB connection between the instrument and the computer
> | can only be used for transfer of MIDI data. No audio data
> | can be transferred via USB.

Oops. I feel really stupid now. I read the manual but totally missed this part.

I checked it again and it also says:

"When the optional FW16E (FireWire expansion board) is installed, the
MOTIF XF can be connected to the computer via an IEEE1394 cable. Note
that the audio data as well as MIDI data can be transmitted through an
IEEE1394 cable by installing the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver to the
computer."

So the audio interface function is Firewire only... I don't know what
made me believe that USB also worked.

But it also means that everything is working perfectly fine!

Do you think Firewire has any chance of working? I had no interest to
pursue it until now, and have no idea of the state of Firewire support
on Linux.

Thank you very much for the help, and sorry for the bother and this
dumb mistake.