Re: [LAU] Midi Filter & Merger

From: Ede Wolf <listac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 25 2014 - 23:39:51 EET

I am not allergic to command line, *, but to me mididings seems more
like programming, which by far may overstrain me. Which unfortunately
is also true for DIY Hardware.

However, I am sure mididings would be the definite answer to all my
needs, once understood. Would be cool to have a kind of mididings plugin
in qjackctl for each midi in and out port. Or think jack rack.

However, I haven't been aware (maybe I should just have tried), that
jack would do somewhat reliable midi merging by itself. Still,
qmidiroute as filter seems rather limited. Or I haven't realised its
full potential yet. Quite possible.

Sure, everything is software, even dedivated patchbays, but we do have
the additional latency of travelling through USB/Parallel/Serial and
back. Still, with an external clock I am confident it will be sufficient
enough for me.

Thanks for your input

* in fact, cursynth, which I haven't been aware of, may break my "no
softsynth for any reason" dogma, though I will admit, it's not really
command line at all, but more terminal graphics.