Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 13:38:14 EEST

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> But Csound and Supercollider are not suitable for making music. They're
> fine if you're some kind of autistic savant computer genius, but utterly
> fucking useless if you're a musician.

Lets keep "Use-case" in mind.

Bitwig contributes in to certain use case, for making music (geared towards
electronic styles, although not solely those).

CSound & SuperCollider contribute to a very different use-case.

Linux audio in general does not (IMO) offer a whole lot for the use-case of
electro / radio styles of music, with software geared at ease of production
of such music for musicians. Its a techie environment.

My 2 cents :) -Harry