Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 13:42:10 EEST

On 03/31/2014 12:33 PM, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:23:15PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> On 03/30/2014 03:10 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>>
>>> My conclusion so far is that Bitwig gives you what Linuxaudio
>>> lack too often, smooth workflow and 'completeness' of features.
>>> This is a major thing for people who want to make music!
>>
>> only for some kind of music.
>>
>> Bitwig is just a toy compared to for example Csound and
>> Supercollider.
>>

> But Csound and Supercollider are not suitable for making music.
> They're fine if you're some kind of autistic savant computer
> genius, but utterly fucking useless if you're a musician.

It really depends what you think is music and what style you like and
want to make.

I recently saw an amazing performance of four opera singers +
supercollider (+ some python, set with lilypond, etc etc) All of them
musicians. Genius, yes. Autistic savant computer genius, no.
http://www.ensemble101.fr/ blew me away.

2c,
robin