Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 16:22:05 EEST

On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 15:09 +0200, Gerhard Zintel wrote:
> On Monday 31 March 2014, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > Your 'musician' is in fact just cannon fodder for
> > an industry that is about making fast money and little
> > else. And he wouldn't even be able to exist without
> > the efforts of those who can rightly call themselves
> > musicians and be proud of it.
> >
> Very well put

No, it isn't. Fons is not completely mistaken, but it isn't that black
and white. I'm a dino, able to compose and to play some instruments,
since this was the only way to make music, when I was young. Nowadays
there are other possibilities to make music. There is also a way to make
music by trail and error. The end result is important, the know-how,
needed time, good or bad intention is unimportant, if people, or at
least the author like/s the result.

Music isn't a competition about smartness.