Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 01:50:57 EEST

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 22:37 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 12:18:23AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > And how do you rate the music of a coal miner with an IQ much lower than
> > yours, without a musical education, but with an emotional message?
>
> Depends entirely on the music, and on nothing else.

For my taste this is a good reply :).

> > Resp. "Chain gang music or slave music?" How do you rate their music?
>
> The injustice of putting prisoners in chain gangs or people in
> slavery has nothing to do with personal emotions. It's injustice
> tout court, and reducing it to melo won't help to free the world
> from it.

For my taste this is a bad reply :p.

Just for entertainment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51A1rhLqS_E

A chain gang like song, packaged into some ugly modern music like style.
No music I like, but it anyway has got some charm.

PS: I wonder if it might be a chain gang song sample?