Re: [LAU] [OT] Re: Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 12:12:58 EEST

On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 08:42 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> The are some very strong emotions in La Traviata, and they are
> expressed by the music, but they are certainly not Verdi's,
> neither those of the performers.

A story of a song or opera might be fictional and the composer and
musicians might never have been in the situation the story is about, but
they have a stock of experiences and emotions they could and should use.
Peter Ustinov once claimed that he dislikes method acting, he claimed
that he is (was) an actor, he doesn't need to feel what the character he
plays feels, he is able to fake the emotion without feeling it. IMO
there are many method actors who are much, much better than Peter
Ustinov ever was. IMO we can notice if an artists does use a stock of
experiences and emotions when making art or if he just use craftsmanship
to fake emotions.