Re: [LAU] [OT] Re: Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 13:05:36 EEST

On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 09:48 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 11:12:58AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > Peter Ustinov once claimed that he dislikes method acting,
>
> Considering that some form of method acting is what most
> American actors today are using, why is more than 99% of
> all acting I see in American movies and TV so utterly
> unrealistic and boring ?

Because they learned method acting, but they only visited acting schools
payed by their parents, they never had a real live, so they don't have a
stock of experiences and usually they care about the money and play
characters for weak stories. JFTR even many good stories aren't
realistic, they are fictional.

However, why doesn't listen Fons and Ralf to Justin Bieber? IMO the
difference between operas and a Justin Bieber song is that the opera is
made by emotions (and musical know-how, but there is good emotional
music, e.g. a lot of Rock'n'Roll made without theoretical musical
know-how too). JFTR the Wiki claims that Justin Bieber is also an actor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Bieber .

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/01/Believe_Tour_13,_2012.jpg/431px-Believe_Tour_13,_2012.jpg

Taking a look at his filmography, I'm only willing to watch The
Simpsons, likely he didn't play the role, I suspect it's a painted
character.