Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 05 2014 - 21:39:27 EEST

On Sat, 5 Apr 2014, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I several times "planed" to become an *buntu/Debian and Arch audio
> packager, but I'm now certain to never ever become the maintainer of any
> official package for any distro, since there are too many barriers for
> my taste.

In general for any one distro, packaging means having three or more
versions of that distro running on your machine. In ubuntu terms, last
LTS, last release, and next release. Yes there are tools to automate this,
but bugs do happen (packaging bugs where libs don't align, etc. not
original SW bugs) Yes it is a lot of work. I don't blame you.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net