Re: [LAU] In search of a Linux Drum synth plugin

From: Thorsten Wilms <self@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 06 2014 - 11:03:13 EEST

On 04/06/2014 09:19 AM, Atte wrote:
> http://smack.berlios.de/
>
> Not sure how alive that is, though...

Dead.

I think we had that topic before, but I can't find the thread anymore.
The author of Smack, Loki, has stopped doing anything Linux-Audio
related years ago. BerliOS closed down in 2011. Smack uses Om, so
deprecated there gotta be a hipster among hipsters using it. The
successor Ingen uses a very different file format, so you can't load Om
patches there. I think Ingen's author still would like to convert the Om
patches, but that has low priority, so nobody should wait for it.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: