Re: [LAU] Music Editors for Blind Users?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 07 2014 - 23:32:50 EEST

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 02:57:03PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:

> If you are in a position to rely on the screen, you have no reason to
> become adept at remembering all those details. The converse also holds.

I've seen blind people cut and splice tape, and very accurately.

It depends probably on the kind of editing you want to do.
If it isn't too complex (such as moving fragments in time
AND between tracks at the same time while keeping those
tracks aligned), it surely can be done without having the
visual representation.

The real problem here is probably that the type of editing
operations that Ardour supports are more visual than logical.
Things like 3-pt and 4-pt editing can be done easily without
having a visual representation - I've done a lot of that.

Ciao,

--
FA