Re: [LAU] Music Editors for Blind Users?

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2014 - 12:56:49 EEST

On 08/04/14 19:22, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 07:10:36PM +1000, Simon Wise wrote:
>
>> no more than the sound does, you can hear what's playing just as
>> easily ... it is not easier to know which light needs tweaking on a
>> stage than which instrument in a mix, and no more obvious which
>> channel to adjust from the look than which channel to adjust from
>> the sound.
>
> Based on my very limited experience in controlling lights I'd
> say it's even more difficult. If what you see is the combined
> effect of many lights it's not obvious at all what is the
> contribution of each individual one.

just as with a sound rig ... if you have selected, placed and focussed them
carefully in the first place, if you have in mind how you built the scene, if
you have planned the kinds of presets you have recorded, and if you have done it
many times before, and know what each instrument could do and what light looks
like on a body or in a space ... then you can see what is going on, and know
what needs changing. Otherwise it is very difficult. I started with sound, but
for many years did a lot more lighting than sound.

Simon