[LAU] Super performance incl. low latency with zita-a2j

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2014 - 06:27:13 EEST

I read about zita-ajbridge:

http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/zita-ajbridge-doc/quickguide.html

Set Jack to use its dummy driver, and then (in background) run zita-a2j for output and/or zita-j2a for input, and then ignore the 'system' input and output ports and use the Zita ports. I went from 5.33ms to 1.33ms latency, and from occasional xruns to zero, and even with that my jackd usage percent is cut in half! Shocking. And that's three Yoshimis simultaneously. :-) I am tempted to giggle, but I am happier than that!!!

The only partial catch was MIDI; without the ALSA driver for Jack, one does not have Jack MIDI :-) Unless, of course, one uses a2jmidid, so that's what I'm doing. With such a small Jack period, the extra period for a2jmidid is not an issue.

Just had to report, and congratulate, and thank, everyone involved!!!!!

Jonathan E. Brickman
Ponderworthy Music | jeb@email-addr-hidden | (785)233-9977 | http://ponderworthy.com