[LAU] Marking soundcard outputs as "default"

From: Rafael Vega <email.rafa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 19 2014 - 18:10:36 EEST

Hi,

I recently started using ALSA Jack plug-in bridge and have this issue: My
laptop's sound card has 4 outputs: 1->L, 2->R, 3->Unused?, and 4->"woofer".

When any of the ALSA programs I use (flash player, for example) connect to
Jack, they expose 2 outputs and auto connect to the sound card's 1st and
2nd output. I would like them to auto connect so that the 4th output (the
woofer) is also used. right now, every time I hit play on grooveshark, for
example, I have to go to patchage an make connections from output 1 and 2
in alsa bridge client to 4th output in the sound card.

Is there any way to make this automatic? perhaps by marking outputs 1, 2
and 4 as "default" or "autoconnect"? Maybe there is a hook that detects new
clients and I can write a script that connects alsa clients the way I want?

Now that I think about it, this should not apply only to alsa bridge client
but any jack client!

Regards,

Rafael.

--