Re: [LAU] Audio measurement at LAC 2014

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 29 2014 - 21:41:14 EEST

On 04/29/2014 08:27 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 05:57:31PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> On 04/29/2014 03:59 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>>
>>> If you attend the workshop you can bring your laptop
>>> and audio interface [*] and have it calibrated against
>>> a precision RMS meter so you can later use it to
>>> measure other things.
>>
>> very nice! Will there be pliers and hotglue or similar crazy-glue
>> available so that one can permanently fix the dials of the soundcard in
>> question? I'm planning to bring a UA-25.
>
> For a UA25 you'd need a soldering iron to remove the pots
> and replace them by fixed resistors :-)

Ok. So let me rephrase the question: Will there be a soldering-ion and a
multimeter around? Or something similar that will allow to determine the
value of the required fixed resistors. (I'm cc'ing lac@email-addr-hidden in
case the ZKM can provide)

A box with an assortment of resistors will be the easy part, I reckon.

ciao,
robin