[LAU] OT: Karlsruhe

From: Jeff Sandys <jpsandys@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2014 - 10:06:57 EEST

I had an awesome time visiting Karlsruhe last year to attend the
live.code.festival, and am bummed out that I won't attend LAC this year. I
wanted to share some findings from my trip.

* ICE - you can travel the 100 miles from the Frankfurt airport to
Karlsruhe in an hour, and the trains run hourly.

* OFFI - If you have an Android phone you can get directions from where you
are to where you want to go using transit with this cool app.

* German Museum of Mechanical Musical Instruments - is at the Bruchsal
Baroque Palace, has a great collection of interesting instruments including
the calliope from the Coney Island carousel.

-- Jeff