Re: [LAU] DIY acoustic absorbers?

From: Bob Andres <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 25 2014 - 22:45:03 EEST

Bedsheets (I assume you mean something denser like quilts or bed covers),
heavy drapes, etc, would help deaden the room, but it would work mainly
on higher frequencies, I think it would make the sound muddy and muffled
sounding, though a little of this treatment would be better than nothing
(the whole dead end, live end thing).

If you look at the acoustical testing done on the various panel materials,
you'll see it takes much thicker and denser material to have an effect on
lower frequencies.

I am far from an expert, this is just from memory when I researched the
panels I ended up with.

-Bob