Re: [LAU] octaver (plugin) for bass

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Jun 11 2014 - 20:55:13 EEST

Am 10.06.2014 17:27, schrieb rosea grammostola:
> I'm not sure if real hardware stompboxes of this type are better then
> this plugin, but this might be the kind of sound I might like to buy a
> hardware stompbox for. Maybe I can test one somewhere and compare it
> with Gxdetune. Thanks for the comments Fons, tips for improvement are
> always welcome I think.

Indeed, I'm interested to learn more at any time. :-)
And when I could learn from one of the Giants of the OpenSource DSP
programming, I'm more then happy to listen.

> The result of this after the IFFT is the correct frequency, but
> with two periods of the window applied (it will be zero at the
> center).
>
> The frequency values that are calculated provide exactly the
> information required to avoid this and to do the correct
> calculation. But it's just thrown away.

I'm really unsure about how I could use this to calculate it right,
could you give me some more hints, or best at all, a patch will be very
welcome, as most I've learned from reading source code.

> Ciao,
>
> --
> FA

regards