Re: [LAU] Embertone Friedlander Violin on Linux - was Re: Recommended near-realistic strings section generator?

From: Aiyumi Moriya <aiyumi.br@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 17 2014 - 03:53:45 EEST

> Just for the case, /
> Glenn McArthur /Have a collection of .sfz library's online (mostly
> created by Jeff G) were you could find as well two violin sets.
> http://www.bandshed.net/sounds/sfz/

I really appreciate their efforts on adding to the free sample
libraries! I visit the samples section of the LinuxMusicians forums
from time to time, to see if there's anything new.

I think the solo violin from that set is too simple, only legato and
with no way of controlling vibrato.

There's also this:

http://www.freesound.org/people/ldk1609/packs/

Not a library, but just the samples. There are vibrato and non-vibrato
samples and a few articulations. If I remember right, it's the same
one used in Sonatina (without the reverb), but I think they only used
the vibrato samples (I might be wrong). With skill, patience and
creativity, one probably should be able to get a nice SFZ out of
these. And the good news is that... Jeff G seems to be doing just
that! :D

http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12530

(the download link seems broken though).

... But, I ended up buying the Embertone violin (held off doing that
for almost one year :P), so now I'll have to find a way to use it.