Re: [LAU] New EP - Everywhere Nowhere - indie rock

From: Nicola <nicola.di.marzo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 21 2014 - 13:22:39 EEST

On 20/06/14 12:12, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The EP of my band is out now!
>> It's been produced using Free and Open Source Software, Debian GNU/Linux +
>> Tango Studio Repositories and Ardour 3.
>> The license is CC BY-NC-SA
>> Feel free to listen and download it freely from soundcloud
>> https://soundcloud.com/bandage-indie-rock/sets/bandage-everywhere-nowhere
>> or Jamendo:
>> http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a135179/everywhere-nowhere
>>
>> There's also a FLAC version available from Bandcamp
>> http://bandage-indierock.bandcamp.com/album/everywhere-nowhere at 1 euro.
>>
>> Opinions or suggestions are welcome!
>>
>> Thanks Linuxaudio community!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nicola
> Sounds wide and clean, and you can distinguish instruments. Good job.
> Any docu about the process?
>
> Thanks for sharing.

Hi Carlos,
Thanks for your comment.
My intention is to publish a proper guide about "The making of" of the
EP reporting all the steps done (recording, miking, mixing and etc) to
achieve this release.
The guide is still work in progress, Keep an eye here for a future
publication:
http://noeisnotunique.wordpress.com/
http://bandagerock.wordpress.com/diy-2/
I also would like to release the entire Ardour project for a song as
"source".

Anyway here's a brief description of the stuff I used:
Digital Audio Workstation:
Debian GNU/Linux 7.2 + Tango Studio Repositories
Ardour 3

Mixing Plugins:
EQ- LinuxDSP MKII-Graph(Commercial), EQ10Q.
Compressor - Invada and Calf Compressor
Gate - Steve Harris Gate
Reverb - Roomy (Arty-FX - Open AV production), Calf Reverb, Steve Harris
Plate Reverb.
Delay - MDA Delay.
Invada Tube Distortion and Steve Harris Valve Saturation.

Mastering Plugins:
Invada Meter and Calf Analyzer.
MkII GraphEQ, Invada Compressor,Calf Stereo-tools and Limiter.

There's been also a discussion for the mastering I did on Linuxmusicians:
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12505

Ciao
Nicola