Re: [LAU] Streaming radio and calls from listeners

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 23 2014 - 00:18:11 EEST

On Sun, 2014-06-22 at 09:13 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> With regard to content filtering of live calls, not just from a legal
> perspective, but also from what you want your listeners to hear. The
> standard method used here when I was in the business years ago was to
> delay the whole studio audio about 7 seconds and provide a cut button
> that shut off the audio after the delay.

Sure, issues are not only that dramatically as I said. It simply could
be swearing you don't want to send. Perhaps not a legal issue, but at
least something that cause advertisers not to pay you anymore. Ok, the
OP might not have advertisers, but seemingly listeners. It's all the
same, advertisers drop a radio station, when the radio station doesn't
have enough listeners.

I know, everything I experienced in reality is just bla bla to the
people subscribed to this list. Do yourself a favour, if you don't like
me, then listen to Len.