[LAU] Midi player

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2014 - 00:35:54 EEST

Just wondering if there is a better (or even worse) command line MIDI file
player other than timidity?

timidity seems to work okay, but it seems to be pretty much abandonware
with little or no updates over the last 10 years. Not to mention it's
totally confusing set of options. OTOH, it seems to be pretty solid and
works for me. So, maybe I should leave things alone :)

Most of the time I play my midi files though a real synth, but there are
times when using software is nice. Never sounds as good to my ears ... and
I have to assume the software or the sound files?

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden