Re: [LAU] Midi player

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2014 - 17:37:11 EEST

On 11/07/14 23:35, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> Just wondering if there is a better (or even worse) command line MIDI
> file player other than timidity?

Fluidsynth can play midi files with a selected soundfont, e.g:

$ fluidsynth -a alsa -i /path/to/soundfont.sf2 mymidifile.mid

to play using alsa as audio driver.

Or simply:

$ fluidsynth -j -i /path/to/soundfont.sf2 mymidifile.mid

to play through jack (default audio driver, the -j switch attempts to
connect fluidsynth to jack outputs..)

Hope this helps.
Lorenzo.