Re: [LAU] Midi player

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2014 - 20:24:54 EEST

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> Fluidsynth can play midi files with a selected soundfont, e.g:
>
> $ fluidsynth -a alsa -i /path/to/soundfont.sf2 mymidifile.mid

Hey, that works great. Good to know that there is an alternative to
timidity. Not sure that I hear any differences in my midi files, but that's
probably since I'm too cheap to buy high quality soundfonts.

Is there a default config file that it reads, or do I need to use the -f
option?

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden