Re: [LAU] Measuring the acoustical characteristics of my studio using FLOSS software?

From: Set Hallström <sakrecoer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2014 - 22:36:56 EEST

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Gabriel Nordeborn <gabbe.nord@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> So, my question is: How on earth do I do this?! Are there FLOSS tools
> available for this? Is it easy to do something as basic as this?

Frankly speaking, i have no idea about such tools, but i do have some
experience in setting up the perfect room the poor-mans way.

It boils down to this question: do you have a list with your all time
favorite music pieces? If you do, regardless of your equipment: find the
best ergonomic sollution you can for your monistors and equipment. Then
play the list of favorites while you experiment with positioning pillows
and blankets in the room. Move arround alot in your space and listen
actively. This will tell you where and how your sound is resonating and
bouncing in that room and help you shape it in the best possible way,
ackording to your own personal preferences.

Hope it helps and sorry for being slighlty off-topic.

Whishing you the best of luck and looking forward to read the responses
from more technichaly experienced users than me!

--
Set Hallström
AKA