Re: [LAU] DIY digital control surfaces

From: Kaza Kore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2014 - 22:05:33 EEST

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 18:06:51 -0400
From: paul@email-addr-hidden
To: willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden
CC: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
Subject: Re: [LAU] DIY digital control surfaces

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hiddene.uk> wrote:

there's the Raven and there's the Waves Emotion mixer.

i don't know much about the Raven - the Emotion is just a conventional very large multitouch monitor/surface with software.

--
I saw this one[1] at PLASA in London a few years ago I believe. I wasn't impressed from what I remember. Multitouch seemed to at least work for the two control but there was quite a bad lag, even when just using one finger, and the screen they had really didn't seem to have the resolution. Sure it could (and most likely is) done far better now!
[1] http://www.gizmag.com/emulator-dj-touchscreen-mixing-desk/20607/