Re: [LAU] Measuring the acoustical characteristics of my studio using FLOSS software?

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 03 2014 - 20:58:19 EEST

> On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 06:22:53PM +0200, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
>
>> - Pick a mirror
>> - From your listening position perspective and moving the mirror (you
>> know, with its back to the wall), find the areas where you see the
>> image of your speakers reflected in the mirror. It's better to have
>> some helping hand so you can stay seated in your LP.
>>
>> The point is: if you see the speakers/the light reflected from the
>> speakers that gets to your eyes bounced from the mirror, then the
>> sound will get to you bounced on those areas as well.
>
> Take that with some very big lumps of salt.
>
> For at least half of the audible frequency range, the wavelenght of
> sound is comparable or larger than the typical sizes of objects that
> surround us. Which means that sound will not behave as light. This is
> the main reason why so many people have a completely wrong idea of how
> sound waves interact with objects or a room.
>

> Ciao,

Sure, Fons, put salt everywhere; I'm aware of some of that, but as I
pointed out I'm no expert, just wanted to add my two cents just to
begin making a blurred image of what's the problem to make it clearer
afterwards with more knowledge.
Thanks for clarifying anyway.

> --
> FA
>
> A world of exhaustive, reliable metadata would be an utopia.
> It's also a pipe-dream, founded on self-delusion, nerd hubris
> and hysterically inflated market opportunities. (Cory Doctorow)

C. sanchiavedraZ:
* NEW / NUEVO:     www.sanchiavedraZ.com
* Musix GNU+Linux: www.musix.es