Re: [LAU] Record from M-Audio 2496 S/PDIF input

From: Roger <gurusonic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2014 - 02:33:36 EEST

On 05/08/14 08:34, Ivan K wrote:
> I think I figured out why this is so. Jack is currently configured
> to look for "card 0" as displayed in /proc/asound/cards
>
> Yesterday, "card 0" was my M-Audio 2496, and eight
> "Writable Clients/Input Ports" were visible in qjackctl.
>
> Today, "card 0" is my webcam and my M-Audio 2496
> is "card 1". My webcam has no playback capability
> (just a microphone) and so qjackctl now displays no
> "Writable Clients/Input Ports".
>
> I imagine I changed the numbers on my audio devices
> with all of the fiddling I have been doing.
>
> Questions:
>
> How do I change the audio devices back, so my
> M-Audio card is "card 0".

Put this in your alsa conf file in /etc/modprobe.d/ :

options snd slots=snd_ice1712,snd_hda_intel
options snd_ice1712 index=0
options snd_hda_intel index=1

This is from my system, obviously replace snd_hda_intel with the driver
name of your webcam. You could also blacklist the webcam snd driver.
Check with aplay -l

Cheers
Roger