Re: [LAU] Record from M-Audio 2496 S/PDIF input

From: Chris Caudle <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2014 - 18:29:47 EEST

> From: Ivan K <ivan_521521@email-addr-hidden>
>> HOWEVER ... I have lost some of my M-Audio cards
>> functionality. ?

> I think I figured out why this is so. Jack is currently configured
> to look for "card 0" as displayed in /proc/asound/cards

The number changes if you have hot plug devices such as USB sound devices
(which includes webcams). It could also change if the kernel or ALSA
changed the order of device enumeration between version upgrades.

You should be using the name and not number. See this FAQ from
jackaudio.org:
http://jackaudio.org/faq/device_naming.html

For the Audiophile 2496 you would use hw:M2496 as the device instead of
hw:0 or hw:1.

--
Chris Caudle