[LAU] Perception - Was: Measuring the acoustical characteristics of my studio using FLOSS software?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 06 2014 - 04:54:36 EEST

With my left ear I'm able to hear some frequencies or at least one
frequency at very low volumes I'm unable to hear with my right ear, so
technically it's my better ear, but with my right ear understanding the
content of speech and music is easier to do. Perhaps "content of music"
isn't a good phrasing, but similar to the content of speech, there's a
difference for the perception of music by comparing my left with my
right ear/hearing that seems to be independent of the technical ability
of hearing. Wit/reason is interacting different with perception from the
left and right ear.

JFTR my hearing with both ears is ok, there isn't a difference regarding
physical health of the ears. Regarding the brain, I'm right-hander, but
dyslexic. Being a left-hander or dyslexic seems to have impact to
artistically mind.

When mixing music I not only switch between stereo and mono, but I also
change the left and right channel.

I wonder how clearly the difference between left and right ear
perception/understanding is for others?!

Regards,
Ralf