Re: [LAU] Audacity on Ubuntu 14.04 is REALLY unstable

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 17 2014 - 17:53:47 EEST

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:27:01 -0400
Alan McKay <alan.mckay@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Will Godfrey
> <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > No problem with V 2.05 here. What version are you using?
>
> 2.0.5.
> And you have Ubuntu 14.04?
> Crap that means my PC is suspect. I just bought this thing a couple
> of months ago due to hardware issues on my other one.
>
> I've got 8Gigs RAM and originally found it even less stable when
> running other apps especially web browsers, so I've been running it
> without any of those things and still have issues (though not as many)
>
> So maybe a HD issue? I'll have to do a drive scan ...

Not using Ubuntu, but debian testing, which is probably a pretty good match in
this respect.

If you're having problems with other apps as well it does look like a computer
issue. Install memtest and give it a long run from boot up and see if you
shows anything.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk