[LAU] Play Time

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2014 - 21:17:17 EEST

Amongst all the 'stuff' I still sometimes get the chance to actually produce
some music so thought I'd share a fairly recent one.

I describe it as 'Chord progressions, inversions and melodic conversations' -
hence:

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Inversations_C.ogg

Or if you want the 'other' format change the extension to mp3

This is produced by one instance of Yoshimi, with Rosegarden and me playing on
a dumb MIDI keyboard.

I first set up a simple 1 bar loop as a click track and played the chords. Then
played the bass line to this. When doing this I always play the base an octave
up so I can hear it more clearly, then shift it down.

Disposing of the click I then played the lead parts, and finally the counter
melodies.

After a little bit of shuffling instruments I recorded the whole lot in one
pass.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk