[LAU] Seeking computer musicians for a survey on how do computer musicians develop computer musical instruments or applications?

From: Abram Hindle <abram.hindle@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2014 - 21:45:09 EEST

Hello,

I apologize for the intrusion but the linux audio users list hosts
exactly the people we are looking for: computer musicians who code.
We're trying to figure out how software engineering research can help
computer musicians or if computer musicians need any help.

Are you a computer musician? Do you code in languages geared towards
music (e.g., Pure Data, Max MSP, Chuck, SuperCollider, etc.) or make
music in other programming languages like C, Java, C++, Javascript, etc.?

If so, we would like to hear from you! We the PIs, Gregory Burlet and
Abram Hindle, are from the Department of Computing Science at the
University of Alberta and are conducting a survey of computer musicians
to investigate how this demographic of software developers program
musical instruments or applications.

Please visit the survey invitation website
<http://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/%7Egburlet/musiccoders_survey.html> and
click the "I consent, take me to the survey" button to complete the
survey (if you consent). The survey will take 5 to 10 minutes.

http://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/%7Egburlet/musiccoders_survey.html

Thanks for your time!

Gregory Burlet and Abram Hindle
Graduate Student & Assistant Professor