[LAU] Sequencer suggestions?

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2014 - 15:09:26 EEST

Hi there,

I'm playing with all the new toys you brought me and have quite some
fun. Just two or three years ago I knew everything out there, now
there are a whole lot of new things to play with.

I have a few questions though.
Is there any new midi sequencer? I know the traditional ones, seq24,
rosegarden, muse, qtractor and so on and briefly tried ardour3 as well
as luppp but could not make heads or tails of it yet. What do you use?

Any idea what happened to the calf stuff? I tried them from git but
the, as far as I remember, wonderful wavetable synth crashes the hosts.
There seems to be a fork of the calf instruments and plugins by falktx
but the wavetable synth and the GUIs seem to be missing.

My goal at the moment is to create a single, simple and probably quite
horrible song electronic music song. That's why I'm looking for a nice
sequencer and some instruments.

Regards,
Philipp