[LAU] Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

From: Peter P. <p8rpp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 27 2014 - 17:38:31 EEST

Dear Community,

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for audio interfaces that
could be venerable successors to an RME HDSP+Multiface. I am using
mine since over ten years, and hence prefer to stick to laptops with
ExpressCard slots, but am curious in general if this is still one of
the few pro mobile interface for Linux users.

The following features would be required:

-Operation on laptops, either through PCMCIA, ExpressCard, USB, Firewire
-Stable low-latency operation under Linux
-16-18 channels of I/O each, eg half of them analogue, the others digital.

thank you for any hints!

best, Peter