Re: [LAU] NOW - UEFI

From: dale <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2014 - 08:29:33 EEST

On Fri, 2014-08-29 at 10:15 -1000, david wrote:

> Hmm, found this page at the Ubuntu Community about Ubuntu and UEFI.
> Apparently it can be installed in SecureBoot mode. I don't know what
> other distros can. I have Debian Sid on 2 machines here with EUFI, but
> both are in BIOS/Legacy mode.

I haven't looked in probably over a year but from what I remember at the
time it seemed only Canonical (Ubuntu) and Red Hat Foundation were going
to get the keys required for Secure Boot.

On my laptop I have Secure Boot but it is disabled and separate to the
UEFI option.

Should probably have mentioned at the beginning it's a Lenovo X230,
although most of my questions are of the more general kind.

Dale.