Re: [LAU] html5 audio through jack

From: Kazakore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 19:02:34 EEST

On 01/09/14 18:25, Max wrote:

> That's the reason I removed QJackQtl entirely. Cadence is doing a much
> better job, IMHO QJackQtl should be depreciated in favour of Cadence.
> You can control Jack bridges for ALSA and PulseAudio from within
> Cadence. No more headdache.

Actually pretty certain I was confused when I wrote that. It would be
the Pulse Via Jack page that had the unable-to-control-jack-settings
comment at the bottom and part of the reason for me going the
Flash-Jack-plugin route (even if I did have to compile it myself.) But
running US-14.04 there was really no need to do that if you're happy to
keep PA running on your system, as it automatically creates
Pulse-Jack-sinks which seemed to work fine enough until I disabled them...

But I really don't agree with the idea of having so many audio systems,
often all running in tandem! I want to keep most my playback through
Jack as I like its routing options, so I'm happy enough to have it start
at login. When I have some time I will have a look at the ALSA-Jack
bridge but as I thought US was configured around PA and believed my FF
plugin (VLC) used GStreamer I had tried setting everything related to
these to Jack.

Anyway going a bit off topic here. Think we should best keep it to the
original poster's problem. As I said I can live with as it is,
especially as I'm planning on having a play with different distros so
until I settle down again I'm not going to worry about the smaller
things I can live with ;-)
Dale.