Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: linuxaudio mailing lists and gmail issues (bounces)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 19:04:43 EEST

On Mon, 2014-09-01 at 20:41 +0545, Kazakore wrote:
> I got kicked off the list a few days ago "Too many bounces" or
> similar.

A few days ago, the bounce score for my rocketmail account also was very
high, so I had to follow a link to re-enable mail delivery. It isn't
gmail only. Usually different Linux mailing list accounts, for different
mailing lists, not Linux audio only, add something like "[Bulk]" to the
subjects and I never use junk filters of the providers, because there
are to many false positives. A while back several providers completely
banned some Linux mailing lists. Sometimes it's an issue the other way
around, then some providers are blackhole listed, so many people can't
send to Linux mailing lists. That often was discussed at e.g. Debian
user.